Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The L's First Interview

Let me first clarify, when I say first interview, I mean my first clerkship interview. My jump into the legal interview world have begun!

The Application Process
I applied to this group via my school’s job listing website. It was something that really spoke to my background. I also researched the place online. Nothing screams unprofessional more than an interviewee that shows up nothing nothing about the place.

Dressing the Part
I spent the better part of my morning figuring out what to wear. My problem is that I really don’t own anything that I would call “interview appropriate,” nor was I able to go out this weekend and get something. I paired a black skirt with a pink blouse and a black jacket that really didn’t match. Thank God I was sitting at a table, therefore no one saw that mega failure.
After Christmas I am heading straight to Filine’s, with these tips in hand.

The Interview
Well, I feel like it went well. The trick is to think about what the interviewer may ask. If you are interviewing at an environmental group, you should figure out what your stance on the issues are. Like right now, what do you think of Copenhagen? Ok, good. The next step, make sure your views are in line with the people you are interviewing with (especially in DC, where no one is nonpartisan).

No comments:

Post a Comment