Friday, September 11, 2009

Proof read again, and again...

and again!

So Monday my first graded (meaning, non Pass/ Fail) writing assignment is due. It has been building on the same thing we've been working on in our past two assignments, but due to my performance in that previous assignment (I passed, but have been saying, I've barely passed) I am really trying to up my game. Here is a list of what I did for this assignment:
  1. Created a draft fixing what I thought I did wrong on the last assignment and incorporating the new stuff.
  2. Proof read that draft.
  3. Proof read it again.
  4. Got back my last assignment.
  5. Incorporated the changes based on what my writing fellow (the person who grades my assignments) pointed out.
  6. Proof read that, looking for multiple occurrences of mistakes.
  7. Reread the guidelines for submissions.
  8. Proof read based on that.

I have proof read four times and I am going to do it at least once more. I am not sure whether I am freaking out about this or this is how I am supposed to attack my assignments (or both, if so, this is going to be a very redundant three years).

On a different note, we had our student org. fair yesterday, complete with buffet. I still content that the best part of law school is the free food. It was really fun though, and I got to see what sort of organizations are out there and what opportunities there are. I'll let you know more about how my foray into student organizations goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment