Monday, November 16, 2009

The Quest to Make Law School a Classier Place

Law school should be a classy sort of place (no pun intended). It is a place where we are all on our quest to become the keepers of law and order in society, which is no easy task. It is a task that I believe is due from respect and reverence.

It is not a place that deserves gross, nasty, sweatpants (or even those over-priced cute ones you convinced yourself that it is OK to wear them in public.)

This sweat pants epidemic that is taking over law school needs to be squashed, so I started the classy campaign. I am not talking about wearing suits everyday, in fact, I am wearing jeans as we speak. I am talking about the notion of putting a little thought into my wardrobe and letting everyone that seems me know that I care enough about law school to get out of bed five minutes earlier to actually button my shirt. While you shouldn't judge others based on what they are wearing, I bet others (law professors who write recommendations) will be judging you based on your clothes. Let them remember you as the person who dresses like they care.

Will you be classy with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment