Sunday, December 6, 2009

1 down, 2 to go

So yesterday at noon was my contracts exam. Do I feel like I owned it? I don't know. Not because I totally feel like I missed all the issues on the test. I think I hit on at least one important issue per question, most of the questions I hit on two issues. I was able to evaluate the strengths of the arguments and make a clear case for my conclusion. (Now that I typed that, I feel a little less nervous about yesterday.) The bads? The test didn't feature the topic I was totally, 100% confident on. Should that ruin my exam? No, not at all, but it would have been nice to have the "freebie." Also, the test was three hours. There was supposedly less than 3 hours of material, with time to distribute as we please. I finished all the questions in 2:55. I had five minutes to spell check (a feature that I desperately need). In theory I can say "I was distributing time as I needed it." I am not sure I can say that I was making that choice deliberately (ok, I wasn't), but maybe it was a subconscious thing.



So the exam finished and I walked out rushing through the group of classmates who got together to talk about the exam! Ahh!!!! The last thing I wanted to do was talk about it. As I walked past the crowd, I was screaming in my own head to drown out the "OMG, I totally owned that!" Talking about grades in law school is as tacky as wearing an ugly Christmas sweater at work, and not realizing you are wearing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment