Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Internship Search

So I just spent the past few minutes trying to not start this entry with a swear word. This accomplishment is a minor victory.

The last time I really looked for a job was a few months ago when I realized that my old job would not be accommodating to me going to law school (no, not everyone is a fan of law students. Hell, not even law students are fans of law students). Back then, this past summer, I scoured Craig’s List in an attempt to find the perfect $10/ hour secretary job.

The difference between now and then? Then, I didn’t feel the entire weight of my future on my shoulders. Now, I am worried that I am going to be shit out of luck and my future career will be screwed.

Will that actually be the case? No. My 3L friend emailed me to remind me that the summer clinic program exists, and not to stress out about things. Still, my preference is to find a paying summer legal internship. A preference that is mitigated by the fact that I found a small typo in a few of my cover letters. (I missed the word “on” in a few of them. Not a big deal and hopefully no one will notice, but I am extremely glad that I am anonymous so I can get that off my chest without worrying that it will be held against me.)

I suppose this entry sounds a little disjointed and rambling. I guess that I the way I feel at the moment. I have a file folder on my computer and a OneNote notebook filled with cover letters, phone numbers, emails, resumes, references, writing samples, and a section that has advice. As organized as I appear to be, I am not, and hopefully I will kick it back into gear. I need to stop losing sight of my goals and get back in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment