Friday, August 28, 2009

Why you should go to Law School Events

But first....
OMG I got a Hypo(thetical question) wrong! I know how can you do that? Well, it is possible and I did. I was in Torts. The dead center of Torts. Center seat, center row. The two seats around me were unoccupied. The teacher asked his hypo. A short pause. I timidly raise my hand. I don't know why. Not like me answering a question will help my grade. It won't, unless I raise some sort of genius point, which I am not likely to ever do. So, do I say "yes" or "no?" I said "Yes!" Such conviction! I am so damn sure of myself. The answer- "No." Damnit!

Every emotion of embarrassment rushes around me. I felt like I fell into the black ole in the center of the room. What if the teacher thinks I am a hack? An admission's mistake? What if I am a hack? What do my classmates think of me? Will I ever be able to join a study group? Am I that girl?

I slink back into my chair and count the minutes until class ends.

I walk upstairs to my locker (yes, in law school, there are lockers, and thank God, the books weigh a ton) and down trodden as a girl could look. My classmate asks what's wrong. What's wrong? Hah! What isn't? But not to sound like an ass, I say "I got a hypo wrong." Her response "Oh, I didn't notice." Then it hit my. You can answer questions wrong. No one remembers. No one cares. And if they do, they're still stuck in undergrad mentality (and eventually that person will be found out for the ass that they are).


BUT... The main (and shorter) point of this post. Going to law school events helps with two things
  1. They disseminate information about important things- jobs, study skills, etc etc
  2. Free Food

Who would ever turn down free food?

No comments:

Post a Comment